Thursday, May 14, 2009

Poor Derek, Part 2


Derek has seriously had a rough couple of weeks. We think he is finally better (I am knocking on wood as I type). Last Friday, he started developing a rash...We thought it was from too much Vicks. We let him play his ball game and then took him to the Dr. AGAIN to see what was going on. While there, we found out Derek now had pneumonia. So more drugs were added to his pile. By Saturday afternoon, he was COVERED in giant hives all over his body. We ended up at Primary Children's for the night and for Mother's Day. We are just grateful he seems to finally be better!!!!!


4 comments:

Marilyn said...

He looks pretty chipper in this picture, doesn't he! I am glad he is doing well. Did they take another x-ray of his lungs?

susan said...

Poor Derek! (Happy Mother's Day!)

mCat said...

Crap! Hives from an allergic reaction? Poor kid!

And what a bite for Mother's day!

Hope he is doing better and that you had a good day

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Oh my gosh Nat, I had no idea you spent Mother's Day at PCMC....I thought I was the only one that was supposed to do that! I'm glad he is better but that does not look like fun at all! Excited to see you next week.