Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mom of the Year

I think someone needs to nominate me for Mom of the Year! I decided to take on a little part-time job during the day while the kids are at school. What I forgot to do is tell the school that I now had a job and what my new work number is. What I also forgot to do is turn on my cell phone today. When I finally checked my cell phone at about 12:30, I turned it on and realized the school had been trying to call me since 10:00 that morning. They had left messages that my little Megan was laying on the sick bed in the office. I quickly called the school (2 1/2 hours after they first started to call me) and found out Megan got tired of waiting for me, so she decided she felt better and went back to class. I think the guilt from this one will last for a while!
Needless to say, Megan has pretty much gotten anything she wanted today!

"Meg, would you like another brownie?
"Mommy will clean your room today!"
"Megan, let's go play with your pet shops"
"Would you like some ice cream with that 3rd brownie?
etc....
I'm sure all of that food bribery is really going to help her flu-like symptoms!

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is way funny, Natalie. You are quite the good writer. I hope that Megan is feeling better. She is a tough little cookie!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Hey Nat, just pretend she had a 1976 moment and experienced life like we did growing up....NO cell phones. We probably did just what Megan did, toughed it out! She sounds like she did great and I'm sure she is enjoying being doted on!!

jen said...

well hello little blogger. i'm happy to see you join the club! i did the same dang thing on tues. w/ my 1st grader. i sent him to school not feeling well and told him to have his teacher call me if he got too sick. i left my cell phone home and ran some errands. oooops. i think he was totally faking it though.

sorry marilyn for the lower case letters. it's faster;).

Gina said...

Good story. Poor little Megan...oh wait...she gets brownies. (cough, cough) I am feeling sick too!

I can't believe you are doing the blog thing too. Cool!

susan said...

You are so funny! Maybe now I will feel like I see and talk to you sometimes!

Marci said...

You really are Mom of the Year! We all know what a great mom you are. And I'm sure it was totally worth it for Megan stay in the office to get the princess treatment she got later on! oh how I wish someone would feed me brownies, ice cream and clean my room. Mom? Didn't you leave me in the office sick one day? I'll take those brownies now. ;)

Karen said...

Thats nothing, remember when I completely forgot about Ben in Kindergarten? (I don't think I ever will) thanks again for looking out for him.