Monday, July 13, 2009

Non-Baseball Events


Our house is falling apart. I like to call it the Money Pit because I have a negative attitude. Alan likes to call it "Well, the house is 15 years old...it could be a lot worse" We caught some bubbles forming in our living room. It turned out to be a leak from our roof that slowly had been turning into a moldy mess. Alan is installing new insulation into our attic as I type. We are hoping to get this mess finally cleaned up by the end of the week. These kind of situations always bring out the best in Alan and the worst in me. He is seriously the most patient problem solver I have ever known!









Here's what Jake caught in our backyard. Yikes!

A lunch out with my BFF Marci, Michele and Tammy






One of our many trips to our favorite hangout, Gene Fullmer outdoor pool.













Dinner with Grandma Nedra and Grandpa Al. And Derek's friend Hunter :)

















Meg LOVES to hang out at the pool.








3 comments:

mCat said...

I hate breaking down houses! We are so right there with you, but ours is like 30 years old!!

I think I prolly saw Golden Corral there in the pic with Nedra and Al! : )

Marilyn said...

Wow! You've been busy. I do miss seeing your blog and following the kids' activities.
That hole in your living room looks like a money pit to me also. Thank goodness for Alan's patience. What a wonderful trait in a husband. I wish I had his calm demeanor.

Marci said...

Yikes! That looks like a crappy project. Lucky for you that Alan is so positive! And good at projects! I love your "catch up" post - you have been busy, busy, busy!